The 2017 micrograph contest is now open for submissions.
See the current unedited entries here
The sooner you submit your entry, the sooner the rest of the MNE attendees can see it (them).
This is one way to improve your chance for the “MNEer’s Choice” Award.
How to Enter
- Select your favorite micrograph(s) and or microvideo(s). [You can enter as many times as you like].
- For each micrograph, download the Powerpoint template and entry form, paste in your micrograph/video, and fill out the template and entry form with the necessary information. If you do enter more than a single micrograph please combine all entries into a single Powerpoint file and combine all entry forms into a single Word file.
- Please name the Powerpoint file: MNE-2017-Your-Name-Your-institution.ppt
- Please name the entry form file: MNEForm-2017-Your-Name-Your-institution.doc
- Email the micrograph(s) and microvideo(s) with your entry form(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SPECIAL NOTE We will for the 3rd year have a MNEer’s Choice Award where attendees can vote for their favorite micrograph. (The Blue Dot with a number is to identify each micrograph). If you turn in your micrograph before the deadline on [DATE TBA], then your micrograph will get Web exposure, so the earlier the better. If you wait until the conference to get your entry to me, the Judges will see it, but the attendees may or may not.
- If you win, you can be Micro-Famous and Nano-Rich!
Email entries and entry forms to: email@example.com
a) Entries should be submitted by September 15. We usually accept late entries at the Conference BUT you will probably get fewer votes for the MNEer’s Choice Award.
b) Contestants must be registered conference attendees.
c) Micrographs and entry forms must be submitted in electronic form. Please place your micrograph on the Powerpoint template and provide the appropriate information.
d) Entries must be of a single image taken with a microscope and may not be significantly altered.
e) There is no restriction with respect to the subject matter.
f) Video entries must be 30 seconds or less.
g) Electron and ion micrographs must be black and white.
h) Contestants must submit a completed Entry Form.
Click here for the current unedited entries. Look for your favorite and vote for it by the number in the Blue circle at the MNE Conference.